Automatic facial recognition

Hi!

Pretty excited to try Aspect. For years I’ve been looking for a Lightroom replacement and I guess Aspect could be a really good choice for that.

One feature that might be useful for me would be facial recognition. Would that feature be in the scope of Aspect?

Best regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

face recognition, as well as some other AI powered features, are indeed on our roadmap. There are still a few larger features that have a higher priority, but it is on the horizon. I would roughly expect something in that area towards the end of the year or early next year.

Regards,
Sönke

1 Like

Hi Sönke,

good to know. I am convinced to get the backer version. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks a lot! Let us know if there is anything (else) important that you are missing.

Is facial recognition still on the roadmap? Or is it alread there? I didn’t find it in the feature overview.

It’s still on the road map, the most pressing item to get done right now is to have a basic mobile app for iOS, so that images taken on the phone can get synchronized with the computer. After that, we are planning to gradually move into editing and AI territory. As for face recognition in particular, we might go with an intermediate step and support manual/externally generated face data (see Compatibility with Tonfotos? (and Google Picasa)).