Unable to start app

Observed behavior

After Download and unzipping of the App, opening it does not work. I have tried to open it regularly and also to open it using Ctrl-click on the App. It does not launch at all.

Expected behavior

I would expect the App to open

Steps required to reproduce

Operating system/Hardware used

Mac OS 10.15.6 Catalina
32 GB RA<
Retina 5K 27 inch 2017
4.2 Ghz Quad Core Intel Core i7

Additionally: when I double click the app to open it, I briefly see the start of what looks to be a menu appear in the top left corner of my screen. I see the Apple Logo, next to it ‘Aspect’ and next to it ‘Window’. It appears for a split second and then it disappears

Hi Piet,

of course this should not be the case so thanks for reporting this.

You would help us a lot if you could open a new Finder window and press ⌘+shift+g on your keyboard. A small dialog slides in where you enter:

/tmp/

and than hit ‘Open’.

This will open macOS tmp folder where every sofware vendor can store temporary files. In this folder you will find a file called aspect-log.html. Please send this file to bugs@bildhuus.com and we will take a look at what is happening there.

Thank you!

me.

Ok thanks for the swift reply. Mail sent

Hi Piet,

today, we took a look at the log file you send us. Good news is that the bug was clear and is also fixed already. We plan to have a release that includes this bugfix soon and I will notify you as soon as this has been released.

Thanks for reporting this issue and we are looking forward to hear what you think about Aspect.

me.

Tracked internally under issue number #517