a new version of Aspect has been released: 1.0.0-preview.11.
Please note that due to an issue with the Unicode representation of file names, if you are running macOS, you may encounter a crash or a loading error with your existing library. In this case, please feel free to get in touch with us (e.g. using a private message here, or using email@example.com) and we will help you to repair the library!
You’ll find the download links at the bottom of this post. Simply install over the existing installation to upgrade. The following changes and additions are included:
- Added a keyword tree to the organization panel, as well as support for hierarchical keywords (#318)
- Added a keyword search expression to search by keyword, as well as extending the full text search to include keywords
- Improved the behavior of the metadata panel when applying new metadata values
- Removed nonsensical menu entries from the context menu within the file browser
- Added new icons for entries in the organization panel
- Implemented improved multi-selection behavior for thumbnails when using Shift/Ctrl/Cmd modifiers (#523)
- Fixed loading of PSD files using blend modes introduced in CS5 (#542)
- Fixed typing A/C/V/X for a new collection name to cause the selection to be added to or removed from collections with those keys set as their shortcut (#528)
- Fixed the number of files reported when dragging external files into the library
- Fixed the search result page to refresh after changes to the library
- Fixed two possible crashes that could occur while a library is being unloaded
- Fixed swapped red and blue channels for 8-bit TIFFs that are written for external editing (#539)
- Fixed moving images to other locations for images that are still being copied during an import (#504)
- Fixed a number of issues occurring due to Unicode normalization of file names on macOS (#534)
- Fixed an issue when editing in Photoshop on Windows, causing the file name to contain the complete path (#538)
- Fixed an issue where extended UTF-8 characters in file names where corrupted for files that were moved to the lost+found folder
- Fixed the paths for recognizing Photoshop installations on Windows
- Fixed a possible crash in the image cache that could occur when importing images and changing the thumbnail size frequently (#535)
Feel free to leave any feedback here or in the bug reports sub forum. Thanks for helping to shape a new way of organizing photos!
Please remember: Even though the software is reasonably stable at this point, always make a backup of your data, or work with a copy of it, when using pre-release software.