a new version of Aspect has been released: 1.0.0-preview.16. You’ll find the download links at the bottom of this post. Simply install over the existing installation to upgrade.
This release fixes some issues discovered in the first round of open beta testing, as well as HEIC image support on Windows and a number of additional improvements.
- Added support for loading HEIC/HEIF images on Windows
- Requires installation of the HEIF and HEVC extensions from the Microsoft Store
- Added a new “recent imports” page that shows the history of imported files
- Added a focal length semantic search expression
- Fixed blurred edges on Windows when using a fractional display scale factor
- Improved the scanning speed for files added through the system file manager
- Improved import transfer speed
- RawTherapee is now invoked in plugin mode, so that no manual saving is necessary anymore
- The keyword tree is now collapsed by default
- Right-clicking in an empty area of the center pane now opens up a context menu (#556)
- The trash can header now has an “empty trash” button and emptying the trash now shows a confirmation dialog (#234)
- The selection algorithm for images on event headers in the photo stream now avoids choosing multiple consecutive images (#271)
- Fixed a delay when switching to details view happening for large libraries (#353)
- Fixed an issue where the context menu acts on the wrong file after opening a context menu in the relations bubble (#589)
- Fixed a crash happening on macOS when dragging files over the main window while a file open dialog is shown
- Fixed a possible crash happening in the file open dialog on macOS
- Fixed a possible crash when multiple automatic imports are set up and one gets removed
- Fixed an issue where the wrong library copy was opened at startup when multiple copies of the same library existed
- Fixed a crash happening when an imported file is not accessible
- Files can now be deleted from search results
- Fixed opening files with VLC on macOS (#519)
- Fixed multiple resizes of the library creation dialog during initialization (#541)
- Fixed using the shift key to add multiple photos to a collection in details view on macOS (#524)
- Fixed a bogus “feature not implemented” dialog appearing when entering a new collection name in the collection bar (#540)
Feel free to leave any feedback here or in the bug reports sub forum. Thanks for helping to shape a new way of organizing photos!
Please remember: Even though the software is reasonably stable at this point, always make a backup of your data, or work with a copy of it, when using pre-release software.