a new version of Aspect has been released: 1.0.0-preview.23 (view blog post). You’ll find the download links at the bottom of this post. Simply install over the existing installation to upgrade. The following changes and additions are included:
- Improved startup and UI drawing performance
- Fixed a number of possible sources for application hangs or crashes introduced by preview 22
- Fixed a startup issue on Windows with NVidia cards, where the OpenGL initialization failed randomly
- Fixed unnecessary rewriting of the library catalog after load, as soon as an export collection was present
- Fixed a crash that occurred when using the event selector dialog for scanned folders
- Occurred when checking a folder that didn’t exist on disk, but still contained files in the catalog
- Fixed a startup failure on macOS that occurred for certain network configurations
Feel free to leave any feedback here or in the bug reports sub forum. Thanks for helping to shape a new way of organizing photos!
Please remember: Even though the software is reasonably stable at this point, always make a backup of your data, or work with a copy of it, when using pre-release software.