a new version of Aspect has been released: 1.0.0-preview.30 (view blog post). You’ll find the download links at the bottom of this post. Simply install over the existing installation to upgrade.
Please remember: Even though the software is reasonably stable at this point, always make a backup of your data, or work with a copy of it, when using pre-release software.
- Most of the functionality is now freely available, with certain features reserved to the new Aspect Pro version
- In image viewer mode, the drive and metadata panes are now open by default
- Optimized application startup time
- Fixed the metadata pane not updating its contents in image viewer mode
- Fixed a race-condition that could lead to the selection not being applied properly when starting in image viewer mode
- Fixed a crash happening when hitting a character key in image viewer mode
- Fixed an issue where the selection of the last item in a view got lost during view changes
- Fixed a graphical glitch in the left pane when scrolling
Feel free to leave any feedback here or in the bug reports sub forum. Thanks for helping to shape a new way of organizing photos!