a new version of Aspect has been released: 1.0.0-preview.31 (view blog post). You’ll find the download links at the bottom of this post. Simply install over the existing installation to upgrade.
Please remember: Even though the software is reasonably stable at this point, always make a backup of your data, or work with a copy of it, when using pre-release software.
- Implemented collection metadata templates (Pro)
- Allows to assign a set of metadata to a collection
- Images in the collection will automatically be assigned that metadata
- Taking images out of the collection will automatically remove matching metadata
- Allows to organize and assign metadata at the same time
- Makes it visible and modifiable what metadata is assigned to all involved images
- Greatly sped up the initial photo folder scan when creating a new library
- The checksum of each file are now computed during the “analyzing images” process
- During the actual scan, only the directory structure and metadata is read
- The time estimate is now typically initially more accurate
- On Windows and Linux, invoking the app while it is already running will process the command line arguments in the already running instance instead
- Fixed an issue where invalid sub-second metadata fields resulted in a lost capture time/date
- Fixed a possible OpenGL related crash during shutdown
- Fixed clipping errors occurring in the event image strip and image scanning indicator
Feel free to leave any feedback here or in the bug reports sub forum. Thanks for helping to shape a new way of organizing photos!