a new version of Aspect has been released: 1.0.0-preview.33 (view blog post). You’ll find the download links at the bottom of this post. Simply install over the existing installation to upgrade.
Please remember: Even though the software is reasonably stable at this point, always make a backup of your data, or work with a copy of it, when using pre-release software.
- Added support for JPEG-XL images
- Heavily reduced the performance impact of “Analyzing images” on the rest of the application
- Updated many recognized image editor applications for their latest versions
- Sped up JPEG metadata reading speed
- Sped up reading of RAW files that are less than 64 MiB
- HOTFIX (1.0.0-preview.33.1): Fixed a crash on Windows/Linux when closing the introduction overlay
- Fixed a possible crash while “Analyzing images” is active
- Fixed panning limits not being enforced under certain circumstances in details view
- Removed the left-over zoom button in the details view tool bar
- Fixed multiple issues that could lead to a crash when the drive that contains the library gets disconnection while being loaded
- Fixed a possible crash when viewing the introduction overlay while images are being analyzed on Windows or Linux
- Fixed size jumps of the introduction overlay when switching pages
Feel free to leave any feedback here or in the bug reports sub forum. Thanks for helping to shape a new way of organizing photos!