a new version of Aspect has been released: 1.0.0-preview.7. This is a hot-fix release over 1.0.0-preview.6, which had a few issues that had been overlooked.
You’ll find the download links at the bottom of this post. Simply install over the existing installation to upgrade. The following changes and additions are included:
- Added a very basic way to change the capture time of a photo through the metadata pane - still subject to change
- When creating a new library, pre-defined saved searches are now stored in groups
- Added (German, Russian) translation strings missing form version 1.0.0-preview.6
- Fixed switching to and from a local collection when in collection or search results view
- Fixed the layout of the header in collection and search results view when inside of a local collection
- Fixed setting metadata through the metadata pane for multiple photos at once
- Fixed the collection bar constantly changing items when switching between all files and workspace or to a local collection
- Fixed a crash occurring sometimes when working with a library stored on a classic hard disk or on a network share
Feel free to leave any feedback here or in the bug reports sub forum. Thanks for helping to shape a new way of organizing photos!
Please remember: Even though the software is reasonably stable at this point, always make a backup of your data, or work with a copy of it, when using pre-release software.